The pandemic has forced the adoption of new ways of working. Many people have been surprised by how quickly and effectively technologies for video conferencing and other forms of digital collaboration were adopted. For many, the results have been better than imagined.
So how do you re-invent your space to suit these new needs and keep your team happy, healthy and safe?
- Work out how many of your team are likely to be in at any time. You’ll be surprised how much space you can open up.
- Consider removing some fixed desks and use the space to create a social hub where remote workers can feel part of the team.
- In the social hub have a selection of areas people can choose to work within, single stations, small groups, informal spaces. This way there’s something suitable for everyone and every task – spaces aren’t owned they are used.
- Modify shared spaces with staggered seating and buffer zones so teams can practice healthy social distancing in the workplace.
- Keep your space adaptable so it can easily be changed to suit new circumstances.
- Design a ‘domercial’ environment where domestic meets commercial creating a warm relaxed and welcoming place to be. Think hotel receptions, coffee bars etc so that people enjoy their time in the office.
- Use the space and the way you decorate and furnish it to re-enforce your corporate values and the culture of the business.
Remember happy employees are healthier and more motivated, so it’s a win win for the team and the business.
If you’re considering how to re-work your space for 2021 and beyond we have loads of experience and advice to offer – you know where we are, so just reach out. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 01933 460422 or 07874 871903.